Become a confidently skilled healthcare worker with a heart! Learn about the International Patient Safety Goals (based on Joint Commission International standards) and master the art (and science) of patient care.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: Student or employee in the field of medicine
|Identify and understand what the International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG) are.||Study the problematic areas in healthcare and discuss the evidences of their existence. More importantly, learn the expert-based consensus solutions to these problems.|
|Relate the different IPSGs to fundamental nursing concepts and skills.|
This course tackles the Patient Safety principles based on the standards of the Joint Commission International which is an accrediting body for hospitals.
Module 1 - How to identify patient correctly?
Module 2 - Essential Steps in Improving Effective Communication
Module 3 - Best technique to improve the safety of high alert medications
Module 4 - The International guide to Ensure Safe Surgery
Module 5 - Smart Steps to reduce the risk of health care associated infections
Module 6 - Practical Guide to reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.