Telemedicine is a discipline that emulates the core concepts found in traditional medical care, applying modern techniques and technology. Telemedicine as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is a service that seeks to improve a patient's health by permitting a two-way, real-time interactive communication between the patient and the physician at a distant site.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
- Bundle Inclusion (₱2,500.00)
- Telemedicine E-learning Course Certification
- Membership to the Philippine Digital Medicine Society (PDMS)
- For PDMS Members (₱1,625.00)
- To avail the rate, Kindly attached your PDMS Certificate upon checkout
- For Non-Member of PDMS (₱2,800.00)
- Telemedicine E-learning Course
- Provide you the knowledge and tools necessary to augment your telemedicine practice such as what are the basic global requirements to practice as a digital physician
- Give you the steps that must be taken to successfully establish and perform as a telemedicine physician in improving quality care, reduction of cost, and how to improve access to healthcare.
- Know how TELEMEDICINE is being applied in the healthcare system across the globe or in your country.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain knowledge on the basic global requirements on how to practice as a digital physician.
- Successfully establish and perform as a telemedicine physician in improving quality care, reduction of cost, and how to improve access to healthcare.
- Apply telemedicine in the healthcare system across the globe and in the immediate community.
- What is digital health?
- What is telemedicine?
- Role of telemedicine physician
- Remote care
- Knowledge and skills necessary to excel in a digital health setting
- Base requirements in digital medicine
- Digital medicine specific requirements
- Flow of a typical patient consult
- Data privacy and documentation
- Health insurance portability and accountability (HIPAA)
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Assessing a Telemedicine Platform
- Notable Programs of the National Telehealth Center
- App Based Telemedicine Platforms
- Selecting a Telemedicine Platform
- Creation of a Virtual Clinic or Presence
- Ethical Considerations
- Medicolegal Considerations
Module 3: Content
- Introduction to Telemedicine in Chronic Care
- Telemedicine in Chronic Care: Advantages and Current Applications
- Introduction to Telemedicine in Emergency Care
- Telemedicine in Emergency Care: Advantages and Current Applications
- Introduction to Telemedicine in Mental Health
- Telemedicine in Mental Health: Advantages and Current Applications
- Future Directions for Telemedicine
- Certificate of Completion from The Philippine Digital Medicine Society (PDMS) will be sent automatically after you have finished the course.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.