This is a competency-based program designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the essential concepts on nursing care for a patient with wound and/or ostomy. This program includes assessment of the area and nursing care. It deals with the step-by-step procedures and duties of nurse practitioners in caring for patients with wound and/or ostomy. This course will further yield to incorporation of all phases of the nursing process to ensure personal responsibility for the maintenance of patient safety during this procedure.
- Course Type: Self paced e-learning course through our learning management system.
- Duration: Learn on your own time and schedule.
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to:
I. Describe the different classification & categorization of wounds.
II. Correctly & independently apply wet-to-dry dressing to a mannequin.
III. Correctly & independently demonstrate all the steps in obtaining a wound draininage specimen for culturing.
IV. Performs proper documentation of the procedure.
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.