Become a locally certified first aider with HCT Academy! Be equipped to respond in any medical emergency by enrolling in our online training.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
After your payment is confirmed, you will receive an automated email with unlimited access to the course through our Learning Management System
|This course gives an overview of the basic concepts on First Aid, roles and responsibilities of a first aider, scene assessment, problem identification, and legal considerations.||Learn how to deal with medical emergencies such as: heart attack, allergic reactions, stroke, shock, fainting episodes and seizures.|
|Participants shall also study the first aids for emergencies caused by injuries such as: bleeding, punctures and impaled objects, eye injuries, fractures, sprains and strains, burns and amputations.||Emergencies caused by environmental factors will be covered in this course as well. They are the following: bites and strings, poisoning, heat and cold-related emergencies.|
This course is designed to provide basic knowledge aligned with the standards of Joint Commission International in managing the care of client/s that have chronic and acute wounds. It will prepare nurses and/or healthcare givers to render appropriate care based on safe techniques. Each session will help provide virtual “hands-on” learning experience in a structured setting to achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude essential in skillfully carrying out the procedure with competence
Module 1 - Introduction to First Aid (20 mins)
Module 2 - Medical Emergencies (58 mins)
Module 3 - Injury Emergencies (52 mins)
Module 4 - Environmental Emergencies (48 mins)
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.