Basic statistics is essential to understand research in health sciences. In this course you will learn the basics of statistics; not just how to calculate them, but also how to analyze them. This course is intended for health professionals and students enrolled in Master’s and Doctorate Courses.
- Course Type: Self-paced E-learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: Students with limited a limited mathematical background but for whom a working knowledge is indispensable
After your payment is confirmed, you will receive an automated email with unlimited access to the course through our Learning Management System
- The definition and benefits of Statistics in health care will be discussed in the first part of the course
- Knowledge on statistical terms such as variables, and types of variables
- The participants will be able to distinguish clearly between Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
- Learn the levels of measurement to help you determine what statistical technique is appropriate to use
- The second part of the course will discuss the two main sources of data
- Learn to distinguish between population and sample
- How samples are selected using different sampling methods
- Construct and analyze frequency and percentage and distinguish between categorical and grouped frequency distribution
- Learn how you can compute measures of central tendency (mean, median and mode) and dispersion (range, standard deviation and variance)
- This is a program is an introductory course in basic Statistics composed of online didactics through our self-paced learning management system. It deals with the concepts, principles, and methods of statistics in as clear and understandable manner as possible.
- The learners are expected to understand and apply statistical concepts, analyze and interpret various types of data
Module 1 - Learn the levels of measurement to determine the appropriate statistical technique to use
Module 2 - How population and samples are selected using different sampling methods
Module 3 - Practical guide to construct and analyze frequency distribution
Module 4 - Computing measures of central tendency and dispersion made easy
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.