Become a confidently skilled healthcare worker with a heart! Learn about the International Patient Safety Goals (based on Joint Commission International standards) and master the art (and science) of patient care.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: Student or employee in the field of medicine
|Identify and understand what the International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG) are.
|Study the problematic areas in healthcare and discuss the evidences of their existence. More importantly, learn the expert-based consensus solutions to these problems.
|Relate the different IPSGs to fundamental nursing concepts and skills.
This course tackles the Patient Safety principles based on the standards of the Joint Commission International which is an accrediting body for hospitals.
Module 1 - How to identify patient correctly?
Module 2 - Essential Steps in Improving Effective Communication
Module 3 - Best technique to improve the safety of high alert medications
Module 4 - The International guide to Ensure Safe Surgery
Module 5 - Smart Steps to reduce the risk of health care associated infections
Module 6 - Practical Guide to reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.