Become a confidently skilled healthcare worker with a heart! Learn about the International Patient Safety Goals (based on Joint Commission International standards) and master the art (and science) of patient care.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: Student or employee in the field of medicine
|Identify and understand what the International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG) are.||Study the problematic areas in healthcare and discuss the evidences of their existence. More importantly, learn the expert-based consensus solutions to these problems.|
|Relate the different IPSGs to fundamental nursing concepts and skills.|
This course tackles the Patient Safety principles based on the standards of the Joint Commission International which is an accrediting body for hospitals.
Module 1 - Identify Patients Correctly (31 mins)
Module 2 - Improve Effective Communication (39 mins)
Module 3 - Improve the Safety of High-Alert Medications (17 mins)
Module 4 - Ensure Safe Surgery (14 mins)
Module 5 - Reduce the Risk of Health Care Associated Infections - (31 mins)
Module 6 - Reduce the Risk of Patient Harm Resulting From Falls - (24 mins)
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course