This e-learning course is designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the essential concepts on BT and IVT Administration and Management. This program includes Management of Resources & Equipment and Safe & Quality Nursing care. It deals with the step-by-step procedures and duties of nurse practitioners during blood transfusion. This course will further yield to incorporation of all phases of the nursing process to ensure personal responsibility for the maintenance of patient safety during blood transfusion and Intravenous Therapy.
- Course Type: Self paced e-learning course through our learning management system.
- Duration: Learn on your own time and schedule.
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
At the end of this course, the trainee will be able to:
I. Uphold policies and procedures guiding the provision of high-risk services
II. Maintain a safe environment for both the healthcare practitioner and the patient
III. Conscientiously and diligently uses supplies and equipment needed during blood transfusion procedure
IV. Provide sound decision making in the care of clients undergoing a high-risk procedure such as blood transfusion
V. Implements planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the performance of the procedure
VI. Accomplishes legal responsibilities by completely filling out appropriate forms
VII. Demonstrate the proper administration of medications via intradermal, subcutaneous and intramuscular route.
VIII. Discontinue Intravenous fluid and convert to a peripheral intermittent infusion device and administration of IV medication through the PIID.
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.