When you take care of your children, you take care of the future. Acquire the needed skills needed to do just that! Knowing what to do when a medical emergency happens to the little ones is a must have for any parent or child supervisor.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
|Covers the basic concepts on the universal precaution, roles of the first aider, assessment of the situation, definition of significant terms and some legalities to be considered.||Learn more about medical emergencies that often occur in pediatric patients, including choking and shock.|
|Focuses on injury emergencies such as, but not limited to burns, fractures/sprains and application of bandages and dressings.||Discusses environmental emergencies such as poisoning, bites and stings.|
|Short introduction to CPR|
This online training program offers a specialized form of training that is designed for giving first aid to pediatric clients. Children and infants are vulnerable to accidents so knowing pediatric first aid will be very helpful when an emergency occurs.
Module 1 - EIntroduction to First Aid (20 mins)
Module 2 - Medical Emergencies (58 mins)
Module 3 - Injury Emergencies (52 mins)
Module 4 - Environmental Emergencies (48 mins)
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.