The course aims to provide a learning experience in a structured environment for the trainee to achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude essential in the assumption of the role of a competent, skillful and caring nurse practitioner at the operating room.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
What You'll Learn
At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to:
I. Define Perioperative Nursing
II. Describe the roles of a Perioperative Nurse
III. Develop effective communication skills in delivering patient care and proper collaboration with the rest of the surgical team members
IV. Identify the different international practices and protocols reflective of current practice to help prepare the patient for surgery
V. Apply the principles of aseptic techniques to specific OR scenarios
VI. Utilize critical thinking as an effective approach in handling simple to complex scenarios related to patient care to ensure patient safety in the operating room
VII. Appreciate importance of the nurse’s dynamic role in specialized OR setting
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.