In order to control the transmission of STIs and preventing its complications, awareness about them is necessary.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required..
After your payment is confirmed, you will receive an automated email with unlimited access to the course through our Learning Management System
What You'll Learn
In this course we will be learning about:
- Enumerating different types of STI incurable diseases is transmitted, symptoms and complications.
- Common STIs (their signs and symptoms, and complications), HIV, AIDS and STI prevention, detection and treatment.
According to the World Health Organization, more than 1 Million Sexually Transmitted infections are acquired everyday worldwide and each year, there is an estimated 376 Milllion new infections with one of the four known curable Sexually Transmitted Infections Chlamydia, Trichomoniasis, Gonorrhea and Syphilis. Individuals with a Sexually Transmitted Infection may or may not show signs an symptoms. A seemingly healthy individual who is infected can unknowingly pass the infection to someone else. If left undetected and untreated, Sexually Transmitted Infections can lead to serious health concerns.
Module 1: Incurable
- Genital Herpes (6 mins)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) (2 mins)
- Hepatitis B Virus (6 mins)
Module 2: Curable
- Chlamydia (6 mins)
- Gonorrhea (6 mins)
- Trichomoniasis (4 mins)
- Syphilis (7 mins)
Module 3: Prevention, Detection, and Treatment
- STI Prevention (7 mins)
- STI Detection (8 mins)
- STI Treatment (5 mins)
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.