This is an e-learning designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the essential concepts on nursing care for a patient with tracheostomy. This program includes tracheostomy care and suctioning a tracheostomy using an open and closed system. It deals with the step-by-step procedures and duties of nurse practitioners in caring for patients with tracheostomy. This course will further yield to incorporation of all phases of the nursing process to ensure personal responsibility for the maintenance of patient safety during this procedure.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
The course aims to provide a learning experience in a structured environment for the trainee to achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude essential in the assumption of the role of a competent, skillful and caring nurse practitioner during tracheostomy care & suctioning.
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.