Why wait for time to heal wounds when you can? Learn how to properly carry out treatment procedures for chronic and acute wounds in this online course.
- Course Type: Self paced E-Learning course through our learning management system.
- Duration: Self-paced learning - learn on your own time and schedule.
- Requirements: No previous training is required.
|Discussion of the anatomy and physiology of the skin & its layers. Concepts on types of wound healing and complications shall also be tackled.
|The course will deal with how to evaluate or assess the wounds, the types and classifications of wounds.
|Learn the different methods and procedures of wound
care and management.
|The course will look into the different health-related conditions that impact on wound care and healing.
This course is designed to provide basic knowledge aligned with the standards of Joint Commission International in managing the care of client/s that have chronic and acute wounds. It will prepare nurses and/or healthcare givers to render appropriate care based on safe techniques. Each session will help provide virtual “hands-on” learning experience in a structured setting to achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude
essential in skillfully carrying out the procedure with competence and care.
Module 1 - General Concepts of Wound Care (31 mins)
Module 2 - Wound Assessment (40 mins)
Module 3 - Wound Management (1 hr 15 mins)
Module 4 - Special Considerations (48 mins)
- Unlimited access to the course through our dashboard log-in
- Copy of learning materials used in the videos (through log-in)
- Certificate of Completion from HCT Academy will be sent after completion of the course
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.